I've created some clean project templates for you to use in some of the upcoming tutorials. I have also added the image files used in previous tutorials inside the images folder so you can also use these templates on some of the older tutorials.
The project templates comes in two flavors, each for the most recent versions of NetBeans IDE. Download the file for your version of NetBeans.
CleanProject4NB61.zip - Clean Project Template for NetBeans 6.5 (51.7 KB)
CleanProject4NB6.zip - Clean Project Template for NetBeans 6.0 Beta 2 (51.51 KB)
CleanProject4NB5.zip - Clean Project Template for NetBeans 5.5.1 (45.65 KB)
If none of the downloads correspond to you're version of NetBeans you can follow these steps to recreate the project templates:
- Download and extract the contents of the zip file closest to your version of NetBeans.
- Select "New Project" from the File menu. Select "Mobile" from the "Categories" and choose "Mobile Project from Existing MIDP Sources" and click on the "Next" button.
- Click on the "Browse" button for the "Sources Location" field and navigate your way inside the "src" folder of the template you extracted then click on the "Open" button. Click on the "Next" button.
- Enter a new name for the project and keep the "Set as Main Project" checkbox marked. Click on "Finish" button.
- You should now see the "MyGame" and "images" folder in the newly created project.
An even easier way presents itself if you have more than one emulator platforms listed in NetBeans. Just switch to another platform from the Project Properties and then switch back to the previous one. You should find the red markings gone after clicking on the "Ok" button.
Fixed the bitmap font png files so I had to re-upload.
(Sorry to the 4 of you who downloaded them already XD)